Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The preparation before the capture of the first loon. Good look at the giant dip net.  Here is the next episode with the Q & A with Kristen Kusek of Earthwatch and Dr. Jim Paruk, Director of BRI's Center for Loon Conservation:


> Q: Why did you want to start this project with Earthwatch, and why
> should people care about it?
> A:  I was sickened by the oil spill in the Gulf when it happened; I
> think we all were.  I just wanted to do something. And for me, being a
> loon biologist, this is how I could get involved.  The expedition offers
> people all over the world the chance to get involved now through
> Earthwatch.  I'm also looking forward to networking with other
> scientists down there so we can hopefully put a story together about how
> the Gulf ecosystem is faring since the spill.  That way, people know
> that we're out there paying attention, and providing assurance and
> accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment